Thursday, October 5, 2017

Black and White Collages made with Stencil Prints


This past summer I had the fun experience of taking an online class with Jane Davies, a class focused on black and white art.

Collage was the topic of one of our lessons.  Below are some of the collages I created for that class.  You can click on any of these images for enlargement, to better see details.

Above:  in the center of this piece is part of my original drawing that became the 9" x 12" stencil Clustered Leaves.  On the far left, a very small piece was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Links.

Above:  In the upper central area of this collage, I used a piece of the drawing I did when designing the 9" x 12" stencil Loopy Ladders.

Above:  The central and largest piece in this collage was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Sassy Spray.

Above:  In the upper right and again in the central right are two pieces made with my 6" x 6" stencil Links.  In the lower left is a collage piece made with my 9" x 12" stencil Blooming Where Planted.

Above:  The central collage element was made with my 6" x 6" stencil Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.  (There is a Mini version measuring 4" x 4".)

Above:  Again -- this time in the upper right, as well as in the central area -- I used collage elements printed with my 6" x 6" stencil Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.  The central area is dominated by a heart-shaped cut-out from a print made with Blooming Where Planted.  And in the upper left is a sliver of paper made with Sassy Spray.

These stencils in their entirety are shown below:


Sassy Spray

Palm Fronds Silhouette Small
Links

Blooming Where Planted

Loopy Ladders
Clustered Leaves


Thanks for visiting my blog today!  To follow by email, use this option in the upper right sidebar.

To see all my stencils, please visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment